COVID - 19 Update
llawarra Radiology Group continues to treat the current COVID-19 risks very seriously. We are committed to continuing to provide our patients with the highest quality service, in a safe environment. In order to do this we are closely monitoring and responding to the developments in NSW associated with COVID-19 and implementing stringent measures in line with those being recommended by the Australian Government and the NSW Department of Health.
We want to reassure you that we have strict infection control and prevention protocols in place to protect patients, our staff and visitors to minimise the risk of any infection including COVID-19.
Symptoms of COVID-19 can be found on the Australian Government Department of Health’s website www.health.gov.au
Current requirements and restrictions last updated 12th August 2021
During these latest COVID-19 restrictions across NSW, all of our imaging practices remain open and our teams will continue to deliver high quality medical imaging. However in some circumstances our opening hours may have changed. Patients can still travel to medical appointments during the current stay at home orders.
Preventing the spread of infection
The safety of our patients and staff is our highest priority. Many of our patients are elderly or immuno-compromised and it is paramount that we ensure strict infection control measures are adhered to.
These measures include;
- Hand sanitiser is available in all practices including at reception, work areas, clinical rooms and entry points.
- Clinical rooms are cleaned after every patient, and each practice is thoroughly cleaned very day
- Strict hand hygiene practices are in place for all staff
- All patients are required to wear a mask when attending our practices.
- Patients should attend on their own wherever possible. If a patient requires a parent, guardian or carer, the accompanying person must also wear a mask.
- Should the patient or any accompanying person have a lawful mask exemption, you must tell us at the time of making an appointment.
- All patients, including parents, guardians and carers, must check in and check out using the QR code located at the entry to all practices
- Patients may be required to show proof of a negative Covid test within 72 hours of attending for an appointment. This will be explained to you when you make your appointment. The same applies to an accompanying person.
- Patients are being screened at time of making your appointment, again when we confirm your booking, and at arrival at the practice.
- To minimise patient and staff contact we are requesting all referrals be emailed or faxed to the practice before your arrival
- We encourage cashless payments wherever possible
Social Distancing Guidelines
In accordance with the Department of Health Guidelines, and to ensure the safety of all patients and staff, we are limiting the number of people within our waiting rooms. Please be aware of the 1.5 metre rule and avoid congregating near other patients.
When approaching the reception desk, please observe the social distancing markers as indicated.